What are the goals of the U11 Pathway?
- To provide players and parents a more enjoyable introduction to the Representative/Recreational stream of hockey as they move from U9 and into full-ice hockey.
- To build confidence and foundational skills so U11 players can perform and enjoy the game with a higher level of competence.
- To assist coaches with the material they need to confidently and efficiently deliver a structured player development plan.
- To increase the overall caliber & participation of players of this age group by delivering programming supported by the Long-Term Player Development Plan.
What is the key rationale behind the U11 Pathway?
The U11 level is the first to differentiate between recreation (house) and competitive (rep) programming. The season outline provides young players with an opportunity to continue their development while having a positive and fun hockey experience. The ideal season does not conflict with the start of the school year, provides a fair evaluation/selection/tryout process, and is structured to maximize development opportunities prior to Evaluations. Attending Skills sessions prior to Evaluations often creates a more welcoming and encouraging return to hockey as players ease back into sports after the Summer months. LMHA Evaluations will include: (1) Combine Simulation, (1) Skills Session, (1) Skills and Small Area Competition Session, and (1-2) Full-Ice Games. During the final stage of team selection, players benefit from the on-ice player development and coach feedback. For a detailed outline of the Hockey Canada Under-11 Pathway initiative, click HERE.
Important Dates to Remember!
The Under-11 Rep Evaluation weekend is scheduled for September 10th through September 12th. LMHA has scheduled optional camps in advance of these dates. Please note that you must register to participate in the optional camps at a cost of $200.00 per camp. Registration is available on the Summer Development page of our website. The U11 Rep Evaluation Fee paid with your Registration covers the cost of the Rep Evaluation weekend.
- AUGUST 21ST - 25TH U11 FULL ICE CONCEPTS & STRATEGIES *Optional
- AUGUST 21ST - 25TH U11 GOALIE SEASON PREP *Optional
- AUGUST 26TH - 30TH U11 REP CONDITIONING & SKILLS *Optional
- AUGUST 26TH - 30TH U11 FULL ICE CONCEPTS & STRATEGIES *Optional
REP EVALUATION WEEKEND:
- FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 10TH - U11 Goalie Skills Evaluation Day
- SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 11TH - U11 Combine & Skills Evaluation Day
- SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 12TH Small Area + Compete & Scrimmage Evaluation Day
* A detailed schedule will be released closer to date.
* Skaters and Goalies must plan to be available for the entire weekend.