Welcome to the 2023-24 Season!
This is your online LMHA Managers Manual & Resource for the season. Please review carefully as there is a lot of useful information for the season. Should you not be able to find the information you are looking for, please reach out to your Division Manager. We will do our best to get you the information that you require!
Team Managers will need the following information, documents, and links in order to ensure a smooth start to the season. Please review the Team Manager Start Up Guide first!
- Bank Account Letter Request Form (required by all teams before setting up a team bank account)
- 2023-24 Minimum Suspension Guidelines
- Code-of-Conduct - LMHA Team Officials - COMING BY EMAIL SOON!
- Co-Ed Dressing Room Policy
- Conducting your First Team Meeting Guidelines
- LMHA Discipline Policy
- HiSports! for Schedules & Standings & Game Entry
- Hockey Canada Return to Play Form
- Jersey Deposit Collection Form - ONLINE FORM COMING SOON!
- LMHA Team Budget Policy
- LMHA Budget Template - click to email for a copy
- On-Ice Helpers (BC Hockey)
- PCAHA Coach-Manager Meeting Dates & Locations - DATES & LINKS EMAILED
- PCAHA Rule Book
- Ref and Linesperson Allowances - 2022.23 - UPDATED VERSION NOT YET AVAILABLE but there are no changes.
- To request Team Access to ePACT, review the ePACT tab below.
- Team Official Clinics
- Team Snap - Login - Managers can contact their Division Manager for access.
- Time Clock Cheat Sheet
Langley Minor Hockey has moved to the ePACT Safety Network. This system replaces medical forms, codes of conducts for parents and players and the jersey deposit waiver (you will still be required to collect the deposit cheques).
Once teams are formed, LMHA will hand over access to your team files. There is an ePACT Admin app that you, as the manager and coach, will want to download so that you have access to the information at all times. You will want to also provide your HCSP with access as well.
* What events do you need to consider applying for BC Hockey sanctioning?
To find out more and apply for BC Hockey event sanctioning, please visit the following page on the BC Hockey website:
Please allow some time for your application to be processed and approved.
Please visit the BC Hockey website for information on Private Instructors:
ELECTRONIC GAME SHEETS.
SPORDLE (HiSports!) App
SPORDLE (HiSports!) Finding Other Team Contacts (2019)
SPORDLE (HiSports!) Coach-Manager-Training (2019)
SPRODLE (HiSports!) App Help Pages
BC Hockey E-Gamesheet Information Page
Game Notes Scratchpad
For more information visit the PCAHA homepage.
GAME SHEETS are no longer available.
RESOLVING GAME CONFLICTS.
When you receive your PCAHA game schedule, you will have to resolve any game conflicts within 48 hours, as follows:
- Email the LMHA Ice Allocator with the Game # date/time that is in conflict.
- Once you receive your alternate ice from the Ice Allocator, contact the opposing team Manager to confirm their availability.
- Once the opposing team confirms, email the Ice Allocator to confirm that the conflict is resolved with the new ice. He will take back the conflicted ice slot.
- Contact your PCAHA League Manager to update the resolved game details, including the opposing team on that email so that everyone is confirmed.
- Email the LMHA Referee Assigner to re-assign referees Under-15 (Bantam) C and down). Under-15 (Bantam) A and above will be requested by the League Manager at the time of the game update.
LMHA encourages all teams to engage in fundraising activities each season. That being said, the decision for a team to fundraise (or not) is to be made collectively at the team level by the team officials and parents.
- Teams are not to fundraise in excess of their season budget. No team families are to profit from any fundraising events.
- LMHA reminds each team that gaming regulations must be followed when participating in fundraising activities. Please read all information carefully before proceeding. LMHA has applied and received for a gaming grant of $100,000 annually for many years. For teams that are running licensed gambling events, not following the proper gaming procedures can put that Association grant in jeopardy.
- BC Gaming information is found HERE
CLASS D GAMING LICENCE (Gross Revenue of $5000 or less)
Please carefully review LMHA Class D Licence Guidelines. Individual Sports Teams are eligible to apply for a Class D license which allows you to raise a maximum of $5,000 in gross revenue. There is a maximum of $500 value for each prize and alcohol CANNOT be a prize.
"As stated in Section 5.1 of the Class A/B Guidelines and Section 3.1 of the Class D Guidelines “Liquor, prohibited or restricted firearms as defined in the Firearms Act (Canada), and live animals cannot be offered as prizes.” No alcohol can be offered as a prize, however gift certificates to establishments that sell alcohol are permitted. Cannabis products are being treated similar to alcohol and may not be offered as a prize, however gift cards to fully licensed establishments would be permitted." (BC Gaming October 2019)
It is important for teams to remember that it is the TEAM not LMHA that is doing the fundraiser. You must provide team information when obtaining your license and promoting your fundraiser. Please do not promote events as being on behalf of LMHA. Also, you must remit the Summary Report to BC Gaming at the end of the event. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLASS B GAMING LICENCE (Gross Revenue of $20000 or less)
On a case-by-case basis, LMHA will consider approving a team for a Class B Gambling Event License.
Please carefully review LMHA Class B Licence Guidelines and the BC Gambling Event License Requirements prior to making any application to an event(s) or requesting approval(s). As LMHA must take out this license on behalf of the team, LMHA must be involved in the process from start to finish.
To apply to LMHA for initial approval, please submit your teams application HERE.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Click HERE to download a copy of the Hockey Canada Return to Play form.
The ice allocated to all teams is the property of the Langley Minor Hockey Association (“LMHA”) and the teams have the privilege of using the ice assigned/allocated to them. LMHA expects all ice assigned/allocated to be used. LMHA DOES NOT want ice sitting empty at any time. The average cost of a sheet of ice without subsidy is about $350.00 per hour. Teams are permitted to sell or trade their assigned/allocated ice up until 48 hours prior to the ice time in question. If the ice remains unsold or has not been traded at that time, then the team must decide to either use the ice or return it to the LMHA Ice Allocator. The Ice Allocator will then send an email notification to all registered teams that the ice is available at no charge. This is to ensure the ice does not go unused. No team is permitted to sell, trade or in any way forfeit LMHA ice to any team (regular season or Spring) outside of LMHA. The use of LMHA ice by a non-LMHA team can result in a permanent loss of our ice subsidy. This loss would result in a substantial increase to registration fees to cover the cost of ice in the Association. If any team is proven to be in the process of selling, or have sold LMHA ice to any non LMHA team or Association the first offence will be a team fine of $1,000.00. A second offence will result in the responsible team official being suspended at the discretion of the Executive. Only LMHA rostered coaches/teams can purchase LMHA ice. The coach(s) must be present and on the ice adhering to all LMHA rules and policies. All players must be LMHA rostered and in full gear. Any violation of this may result in disciplinary action.
- Monday, September 11, 2023 - Season Start Date
- Friday, September 29, 2023 - Puck Drop Opening Event
- Sunday, October 22, 2023 - Photo Day
- Friday, November 10, 2023 - LMHA Giants Night!
- November 10-12, 2023 - Gil Martin U13 Tournament (LMHA)
- Sunday, December 3, 2023 - Santa Skate
- Saturday, December 23, 2023 - Last Day of Ice
- Dec 24, 2023 through January, 7 2024 - Christmas Break
- Monday, January 8, 2024 - Back to it!
- Saturday, February 10, 2023 - LMHA Giants Night!
- February 16-19, 2023 - U15 C Tournament (LMHA)
- Friday, March 15, 2024 - Last day of the Season!
- March 16-18, 2023 - Langley Cup!
- March 21-24, 2023 - Jean Adams Memorial Tournament (LMHA)
A Few Words About Equipment:.
Thank you for volunteering your time to coach/manager the young athletes of our growing community. A few words about the loan equipment, jerseys, pucks, C-teams letters A’s and C’s, and socks that you will be issued at the team level:
- When you pick up your team equipment you will be asked to sign out the equipment. You will get a copy of what you have signed for at that time.
- If you have a need to exchange, after handout, sock size or jersey size please contact Equipment Manger to see what if anything can be arranged.
- Please consider putting in your team budget $250.00 or so to clean, and repair if needed, the team jerseys that are to be returned at the end of the season.
- U6 through U9 teams will get to keep one set of the jerseys loaned to them come the end of the season. Further details will follow.
- You will get further instructions of when the exact times for your age group to return loaned equipment toward the end of the season. Please make a note which date is the last time your team plays a game. Please arrange to collect the loaned equipment right after the conclusion of the last game. Bring a big plastic bag to take the wet jerseys away. As a team, you would be able to clean and repair all jerseys in one shot. This will go a long way to controlling the headaches of trying to collect from individual players if you do not collect the jerseys at the last game.
- Please be mindful that when your age group is assigned a return date and time that these slots are manned by volunteers like yourselves. Please show up at your assigned time or at the very least have another team official come in your place.
Thank you again for your time this season.
Equipment Manager LMHA
Should you have any questions regarding LMHA jerseys and equipment, please contact our Equipment Manager, Ryan Wiens.
Please stay tuned for the online Jersey Deposit tracking form and further instructions coming from LMHA.
The form and ALL team cheques will be submitted to your Division Manager.
Jersey Deposit Collection Form - COMING SOON!
All families have accepted the Jersey Waiver via e-Pact this season.
I acknowledge that, as the parent and/or legal guardian of the player listed on this file, I have read and agree to follow these instructions:
- Hockey jersey bags are preferred for storing and transport to and from the arenas.
- LMHA jerseys will be worn for games only, not practices.
- Player and teams must use the LMHA supplied A’s and C’s and they must be sewn on – NO GLUE.
- Name bars or sponsorship patches must go on the back of the jersey and be sewn on below the number – NO GLUE.
- Any item that is glued on to a jersey will result in the player losing their jersey deposit.
- All name bars’, C's, A's and any other alterations will be removed prior to returning your players jersey's.
I also acknowledge that:
- Once placed on a team for the season, I will provide the team manager with a post-dated cheque (April 1, 2024) made out to Langley Minor Hockey Association for the amount of either $150 for all LMHA teams from U11 and up.
- LMHA will cash the deposit cheque if my players jerseys are not returned to LMHA in the condition that they were received.
- If my players jerseys are returned after the final return date offered, no refund will be issued.
- If a deposit cheque does not clear or LMHA is unable to process it, the full deposit plus a $50 admin fee will be added to my players next years registration.
LMHA DIVISION MANAGER CONTACT INFORMATION:
|U6 and U7 Manager - Steve Flettfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|U8 and U9 Manger - Crystal Harrisonemail@example.com|
|U11 Manager - Dana Bisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|U13 Manager - Kim Wrightemail@example.com|
|U15 Manager - Grant Wilkinsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|U18 and U21 Manager - Les Tookemail@example.com|
REQUESTING OR RESCHEDULING GAME OFFICIALS (Referees):
NEW THIS SEASON... When you request a game number from your PCAHA League Manager, referees will be ordered for all levels.
- For any questions or concerns specifically regarding LMHA referees, please email Roberta @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- To check on referee assignments, please log into HiSports! Once logged in, go to GAMES. Find the subject game and click on the clipboard at the end of the row. This will allow you to see and confirm your referee assignments.
- ** If you are 24-hours out and there are unassigned referees, you can TEXT our referee assignor, Roberta @ 604-209-2055. ONLY IN THE CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. All other inquiries must be made by email.
GAME OFFICIAL RESOURCES:
BC Hockey Risk Management Resource
Cameras, Camera Phones and PDA Policy (BC Hockey)
Co-Ed Dressing Room Policy
Harassment & Abuse Policy (BC Hockey)
Ice Allocation Policy
LMHA Parent Concerns Reporting Process
PCAHA Arena Maps
PCAHA Member Associations
Respect In Sports
TEAM First (Risk Management)
Team Official Clinics
Team Snap - Login
Team Snap - Help & Support
Two-Deep Method (BC Hockey)
AED - Awareness in the Arena
Arena Safety Checklist
Concussion Recognition Tool
Emergency Action Plan for Arenas - Template
Emergency Action Plan for Injured Officials - Template
Emergency Assessment of an Injured Player
HCSP - Safety Person Responsibilities
Hockey Canada Injury Log
Hockey Canada Injury Report
Hockey Canada Return to Play Form
Hockey Canada Safety Resource
Injured Player Protocol - BC Hockey
Player Medical Information Form
Type One Diabetes & Insulin Pumps
As a minor hockey organization, LMHA encourages all teams to look for local sponsorship to help make hockey more affordable for everyone. Please ensure that you respect the following guidelines.
- Teams may solicit sponsorship.
- The total amount of sponsorships cannot be greater than the team budget. An LMHA team cannot make a profit at the end of the season.
- LMHA does not have charitable status so does not provide receipts. The team should provide a receipt of funds to the sponsor.
- The team can provide name bars (not shoulder patches) or other items of appreciation, as appropriate.
- The name bar must be sewn on the bottom back of the jersey, centered under the number. It is best to loosely hand sew the name bars so that they are easily removed at the end of the season. If the jersey does get damaged the parent/player will lose their jersey deposit.
Share your team's stories!
If you have a tournament win to share or a team story to tell, send LMHA the details and we will post it to our social media.
All individuals who are interested in Volunteering as a Team Official with the Langley Minor Hockey Association (LMHA) for the upcoming hockey season (2023/24) are required to complete certifications as outlined below prior to being rostered to a team.
These are BC Hockey requirements and we encourage you to get your certifications completed PRIOR to the start of the season where ever possible.
What team positions require certification?
Full details are available via the following link:
LMHA will reimburse team officials for their certifications once they are rostered to a team for the 2023-24 season. Details on reimbursement will be circulate as the season progresses. Please stay tuned!
Find a Tournament - BC Hockey
Request a Tournament Permission Letter from LMHA (required only for tournaments outside of PCAHA)
PCAHA Tournament Forms
PCAHA Tournament Checklist for Managers
Planning your Trip Across the Boarder
US Customs - Traveling with a Child Under 18
PROCEDURE FOR REQUESTING A TOURNAMENT PERMISSION NUMBER FOR TOURNAMENTS WITHIN PCAHA
Body of Email to be sent to your Pacific Coast Amateur Hockey Association (PCAHA) League Manager:
We are requesting a Tournament Permission Number for of our upcoming tournament as follows:
PROCEDURE FOR REQUESTING A TOURNAMENT PERMISSION NUMBER FOR TOURNAMENTS OUTSIDE OF PCAHA:
When asking for permission to an Interdistrict tournament please include the details outlined below in the email body and attach all documents (HCR Roster, completed Interdistrict form and the letter from the LMHA President. When you combine the Interdistrict form with the permission letter from the President, the form does NOT need to be signed.
PCAHA appreciates the above being done as it saves going back and forth. Once your league manager receives the above request and documentation, they will complete a tournament permission form and forward all documents to PCAHA travel permissions for final approval (if in BC). If going somewhere outside BC then PCAHA approves and then goes to BC Hockey. Final approval then goes back down the chain. Please allow at least 10 days.