Interested in Coaching Hockey in Langley?
All individuals who are interested in coaching with the Langley Minor Hockey Association (LMHA) for the upcoming 2023/24 hockey season are required to complete the applicable Coaches’ Application Form below. The LMHA Board of Directors will review all applications and make offers for head coaching positions. Assistant coaches are chosen by the Head Coach, however they are still required to complete all required certifications as outlined by both BC Hockey and LMHA.
Please review the LMHA Team Official Code of Conduct document.
Frequently Asked Questions.
What Coaching Certification do I require to Coach in LMHA?
LMHA must follow BC Hockey's certification requirements for each level of hockey. If you are uncertain as to what you require for the age level that you are interested in coaching, please visit here or review the chart below.
What if I don't have my Coaching Certification at the start of the season?
BC Hockey will begin running their coaching clinics again in the fall. If you apply to coach but do not have your coaching certification at the start of the season, that is ok. You can still begin coaching and register to take and complete your coaching clinic(s) prior to December 1, 2023. LMHA will require confirmation of your registration at the start of the season. Visit here to register. Please note that a valid CRC, RIS - Activity Leader, and CATT are required before you are eligible to participate with the team.
Coaching Clinics sell out quickly so please do not delay completing your registration once the links are live. If you do not complete the required courses prior to the deadline, you will be removed from the roster and your team will risk ineligibility for the remainder of the season.
How do I complete my Criminal Record Check, Respect in Sport - Activity Leader and Concussion Awareness Training?
As per BC Hockey, each and every team official, regardless of their level, is required to hold valid certifications as follows:
- Criminal Record Check (CRC). This is required every three years. There is no cost. It is extremely important that you take a screenshot or print your confirmation of completing your CRC. It can take weeks for Criminal Record Checks to be returned to LMHA and we can only roster officials who are at minimum "Pending" (Receipt Received). To apply for your CRC, follow the instructions here.
- Respect in Sports (RIS) - Activity Leader. This is required every five years. It is an online course that LMHA will reimburse you for provided you complete the course and you are rostered to a team. To register for RIS, visit: Respect in Sport for Hockey Canada Activity Leaders - Getting Started (respectgroupinc.com)
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT). Currently, there is no expiry date on this course. It is available online and is free. To register for CATT, visit here.
All of the above courses must be complete and current prior to the start of the season in order to be rostered and participate with any team.
If you are uncertain as to which courses you have taken and/or their expiry dates, you can register your account and login here.
How do I apply to Coach in LMHA?
To apply to coach in LMHA, please click on the appropriate link below to submit your application.
- 'A1' Rep Coach Application Form CLOSED
- 'A2 - A4' Rep Coach Application APPLY NOW!
- 'U6 - U21' C Coach Application APPLY NOW!
What happens next?
The LMHA Coach Selection Committee will review all applications and shortlist for interviews based on the following schedule:
- A1 Interviews will be held in Spring of 2023
- A2 - A4 Interviews will be held Summer of 2023
- U6-U18 Application submission will remain open, as necessary, and interviews will be held as required.
*This timeline is subject-to-change.
LMHA will be in touch with you to discuss the next steps of the process and set up an interview time. Having all certifications in place PRIOR to your interview is recommended. Should you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to email our VP of Operations directly at: