We are extremely excited to launch season registration for our 50th Anniversary Season of Langley Minor Hockey! Plans are well underway to make the 2023-24 hockey season even more memorable. Calling all LMHA Alumni... if you or someone you know has even been involved with LMHA, we want to hear from you. Find out how by visiting our 50th Anniversary page on our website!
IMPORTANT: "Per Hockey Canada's Non-Sanctioned League Policy, any individual who is found to have participated in a non-sanctioned game after the cut-off date of September 30th of the given year, will not be eligible for any BC Hockey sanctioned programs, including any further participation with Langley Minor Hockey Association (LMHA), for the remainder of the current season. Players found to be in violation of the Non-SanctIoned League Policy will not be eligible for a refund of their registration, or any other fees tendered to LMHA for the given season."
Please read all the information below before proceeding with your registration. Any missing information not completed at the time of registration will delay the process for your player and could result in a player's registration not being accepted. Consequences of missing LMHA deadline(s) for Returning Players will result in the player not being permitted to participate in Rep Evaluations if applicable, the registration being subject to all applicable late fees, and the potential of being wait-listed for the 2023-24 Season.
Please review the following policies as LMHA has made numerous updates for the 2023/24 Season:
LMHA is once again using TeamSnap for our 2023/24 Season Registration. All RETURNING Players are required to have their Hockey Canada ID number in order to complete registration. You can find your Hockey Canada ID number on your proof of registration receipt from a previous season prior to 2019/20. If you are unable to access your number, please contact our Administrator and allow a minimum of 48 hours for a response. We encourage you to complete this step early to avoid last minute requests which may result in missing the deadline and being subject to applicable late fees.
Please note, NEW and TRANSFERRING Players are required to PRE-REGISTER prior to completing 2023/24 Season Registration. Please read through this page for pre-registration requirements and LMHA policies before you proceed. Pre-Registration for NEW and TRANSFERRING Players will open on May 15th, 2023. We encourage you to get your documents ready so you will be prepared to upload them into the pre-registration form. Upon completion of your pre-registration, LMHA will provide you with your player's Hockey Canada ID and further instructions to complete registration after June 1, 2023. This Hockey Canada ID is very important and will remain attached to your profile in HCR for all future minor hockey related activities.
IMPORTANT: If applicable (for homeowners), NEW and TRANSFERRING Players MUST have a copy of their 2023 Property Tax Statement in order to complete pre-registration. We recommend that registrants wait and submit all documents at once.
We have created a step-by-step registration guideline that we encourage you to review and have on-hand when you register. You will find this REGISTRATION PROCESS document below or at the bottom of this page under the "Registration Forms" section.
Need Help? Please review our: 2023-24 Registration Process Guideline
The following requirements must be met to register with LMHA:
A child may only be registered by the custodial parent or court appointed legal guardian with whom he/she resides. The player's residence is that of which he/she resides four (4) out of seven (7) days each week. Confirmation will be required.
This residence must be within the boundaries of Langley MHA. The boundaries are:
N: Fraser River | S: O Avenue | E: 232nd Street (Westside) | W: 196th Street (Eastside)
Proof of Residency
ALL New and Transferring Players will be required to submit Proof of Residency and Returning Players MAY be requested to submit their Proof of Residency for any given season. If required for Returning Players, following completion of your registration, you will be notified with instructions on how to submit your proof of residency to LMHA.
Submitting incorrect or incomplete documents will delay the registration process for your child so please carefully review the details below.
If Proof of Residency is required, the TWO required documents are as follows:
DOCUMENT 1 - Must be ONE of the following:
*HOMEOWNERS - 2023 Property Tax Statement (full page is required with the address at the top and bottom visible). Please note that LMHA cannot accept your Property Assessment... please wait until you have received your 2023 Property Tax Statement before submitting.
*RENTERS - Current Lease or Rental Agreement (full signed agreement required - all pages)
DOCUMENT 2 - Must be ONE of the following and must not be more than TWO months old:
*Current hydro, gas, water, cable, satellite, or phone bill
*Proof of Home or Rental Insurance (structure/contents insurance)
*BC Medical Statement
*School Registration (confirming child's primary address)
*Vehicle Insurance Papers with Corresponding Drivers License (must be submitted together)
Important Dates for the 2023/24 Season
*All dates and details are subject-to-change at the discretion of the LMHA Board of Directors and based on the current situation.
|May 15||RETURNING PLAYER Registration is OPEN and a SPOT IS GUARANTEED for RETURNING LMHA Players.|
|May 15||Pre-Registration is OPEN for NEW and TRANSFERRING Players. Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis. INCOMPLETE applications will not be processed. Applicants MUST wait until they have a copy of their 2023 Property Tax Statement.|
|May 31||Deadline for RETURNING players to be GUARANTEED a spot on a team. Returning players have priority over transferring and new players until May 31st, 2023 at 11:59pm. This includes registration for REP EVALUATIONS.|
|June 1||New and Transferring Players will be contacted by LMHA on or after June 1st with the next steps to complete season registration provided all required pre-registration documents have been received and processed accordingly.|
|June 15||DEADLINE for RETURNING player applications to avoid the $200.00 LATE FEE. All applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis until a division is full. Any player can be wait-listed until a roster spot becomes available.|
|July 31||Final day to register to participate in REP EVALUATIONS. No applications for REP evaluations will be accepted after 11:59pm on July 31, 2023.|
|August 23||Checking Clinic for players participating in REP evaluations that have not previously played in a minor hockey division with hitting - U15 and up (excludes any hitting experience in Spring or otherwise). This is a mandatory component to be eligible for REP evaluations. There is no cost for this clinic. Stay tuned for the link to register...|
|August 24||REP Evaluations for GOALIES Begin - U11 / U13 / U15 / U18|
|August 25||Rep Evaluations for SKATERS Begin - U11 / U13 / U15 / U18|
|August 25-27||Phase 1 REP Evaluations for U11 - U18 Skaters & Goalies|
|August 29-31||Phase 2 REP Evaluations for U11 - U18 Skaters & Goalies|
|September 5-17||Phase 3 REP Evaluations for U11 - U18 Skaters & Goalies|
|September 11||U6 - U21 'C' (House) Season Start Up Week. All 'C' ice times are scheduled to begin on or after September 11th, 2023.|
|Under 6 (U6) - Previously H1 (Initiation Minor)||5||2018|
|Under 7 (U7) - Previously H2 (Initiation Major)||6||2017|
|Under 8 (U8) - Previously H3 (Novice Minor)||7||2016|
|Under 9 (U9) - Previously H4 (Novice Major)||8||2015|
|Under 11 (U11) - Previously Atom||9/10||2014 | 2013|
|Under 13 (U13) - Previously Peewee||11/12||2012 | 2011|
|Under 15 (U15) - Previously Bantam||13/14||2010 | 2009|
|Under 18 (U18) - Previously Midget||15/16/17||2008 | 2007 | 2006|
|Under 21 (U21) - Previously Juvenile||18/19/20||2005 | 2004 | 2003|
|U6 PLAYER (2018 Birth Year)||$650|
|U7 PLAYER (2017 Birth Year)||$775|
|U8 PLAYER (2016 Birth Year)||$825|
|U9 PLAYER (2015 Birth Year)||$825|
|U11 PLAYER (2014 & 2013 Birth Years) *includes skaters and goaltenders||$825|
|U13 PLAYER (2012 & 2011 Birth Years) *includes skaters and goaltenders||$825|
|U15 PLAYERS (2010 & 2009 Birth Years) *includes skaters and goaltenders||$810|
|U18 PLAYERS (2008, 2007 & 2006 Birth Years) *includes skaters and goaltenders||$810|
|U21 C PLAYER (2005, 2004 & 2003 Birth Years) *includes skaters and goaltenders||$425|
|U21 A PLAYERS (2005, 2004 & 2003 Birth Years) *includes skaters & goaltenders & rep tryout||$800|
|MULTI-SIBLING: Applied to the 3rd and subsequent player registrations||$325|
|REP Evaluation Fee (Skater/Goaltender) - guaranteed six (6) ice time for skaters, seven (7) ice times for goalies.||$325/$250|
|Late Registration Fee (applies to RETURNING players only)||$200|
|Returned (NSF) or Declined Payment Fee||$50|
|Late Payment Fee as of August 20th (applies to RETURNING players only if not on instalment plan)||$50|
|PCAHA Transfer Fee / PCAHA Special Transfer Fee||$15 / $75|
- PAY-IN-FULL ONLINE WITH A CREDIT CARD
- ONLINE CREDIT CARD INSTALMENT PLAN
- PAY-IN-FULL USING INTERAC E-TRANSFER
- OFFLINE PAYMENT USING CHEQUE/MONEY ORDER (NO CASH ACCEPTED)
BY MAIL: LMHA | Brookswood RPO Box 61571, Langley, BC, V3A 8C8
E-TRANSFER: firstname.lastname@example.org (Last Name & Division in the NOTES)
IN PERSON: Unfortunately in person payments are not available at this time
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE PAYMENT WITH GPRC STAFF | DO NOT MAIL YOUR CHEQUE TO GPRC
This section applies to ALL Langley Minor Hockey Association player registrations.
LMHA player registration will not be considered complete until your payment is received in FULL (applicable to cheque, money order payments, and e-transfers), your credit card payment is processed in FULL, or the automatic credit card payment schedule has been established at the time of registration and the required deposit is paid-in-full. Please review below or click LMHA Registration Payment Guidelines - UPDATED April 2023.
If you have any questions with respect to registration and/or registration payments, please contact the LMHA Administrator for assistance.
- All player registration fees, including 'A' (REP) evaluation fees, are due and payable at the time of registration however if you selected to pay in instalments using your credit card, the registration will be considered complete once the deposit has been paid at checkout. LMHA reserves the right to rescind registration if for any reason, all agreed upon instalment payments are not made on the due date.
- FULL PAYMENT of TeamSnap Offline payments (including e-transfers) must be received by LMHA within 14-days of completing your registration in order for it to be considered complete. LMHA will confirm once your payment has been received.
- If for whatever reason, you are unable to make your payment within the required 14-days of registering, please contact email@example.com.
- LMHA will consider alternate post-dated cheque payment plans, under extenuating circumstances, and with proper approval on or before August 15th, 2023. To apply for an alternate payment plan, please submit your application HERE. Additional fees for this option are applicable and the final payment must be made as per LMHA approval. No exceptions.
- For information on the available and recognized assistance programs, please visit the Financial Assistance page on our website found HERE. Please contact the LMHA Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have or will be applying for Financial Assistance. Please ensure you are familiar with the full process in order to have any financial assistance applied to your registration fees.
- Any fees that remain unpaid as of August 20th 2023, outside of those on an approved instalment plan, will be subject to a $100 late payment fee AND ice times may not be allocated until all fees have been paid-in-full.
- Any fees that remain unpaid as of September 15th, 2023 will be subject to a further $100 late payment fee AND ice times may not be allocated until all fees have been paid-in-full. The only exception to any of these deadlines would be where an alternate arrangement has been approved by the Treasurer, VP Administration and Registrar.
- If you are in a position of Financial Hardship, please reach out to the VP of Administration and we will do our best to work with you.
*Any late payment fees are over and above any late registration fees. Please refer to the LMHA Registration Deadline Policy.
*A dishonored payment will be subject to an immediate $50.00 service charge per incident. Failure to resolve a payment issue immediately could result in the players registration being suspended and has the potential of that player not being provided any ice times and/or selected to a team.
- If you choose to pay-in-full by credit card, the FULL payment is processed at checkout. If you choose to pay by online credit card instalments, the initial instalment amount of one quarter (1/4) of the total registration fees will be processed at the time of checkout. The subsequent payments will be automatically processed in 2023 on June 15th, July 15th, and August 15th. The number of instalment payments and the amount of each payment will depend on the date of registration (i.e. if you register on or after June 15th, you will have the deposit plus the remaining two (2) equal instalments).
- If you select to pay Offline by way of sending an e-transfer, please send your payment to: email@example.com within 14-days of registration. For tracking purposes, the FIRST and LAST name of each registrant applicable to the registration invoice MUST be included in the memo. Partial payments are not accepted and may be subject to a $25 Administration Fee per instance.
- If you select to pay Offline by cheque or money order, once your online registration is complete, please print a copy of the invoice and include this with your payment. Please also include your players’ name in the memo line on your cheque. Please review the payment option summary below.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PAYMENT WITH THE GPRC STAFF
PLEASE DO NOT MAIL YOUR CHEQUE TO GEORGE PRESTON RECREATION CENTRE
For more information on available and recognized assistance programs, please click HERE to visit our Financial Assistance information page. Please contact the LMHA Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have or will be applying for Financial Assistance. If the registrant has already been approved for Financial Assistance, please forward the confirmation to the LMHA Administrator. If you have an application pending, please let the LMHA Administrator know. When registering, you will checkout using the "Offline Payment" method.
LMHA values the need to develop our Goaltenders and in lieu of the shortage, we want to encourage more players to give goaltending a try and support those already in net, so they continue to grow in their role. Based on the success of the Association paid Goalie Development from previous seasons, we will once again offer training to our Goalies throughout the 2023/24 Season. LMHA will work hard to ensure that these development sessions are accessible to all our upcoming and current Goaltenders so that the increase in your fees is far outweighed by the value of the development available to you. Should you have any questions about the goalie development program, please email email@example.com.
The number of goaltenders per team is limited as per Hockey Canada, so once the LMHA per division limit for goaltenders is reached, the balance of registrants will be wait-listed until a spot becomes available. Members registered as a goaltender in U11 'C' or U13 'C' may apply to play-out provided all conditions have been met as per the LMHA Goaltender Policy. It is the responsibility of the member to contact the appropriate Division Manager and the Development Director with their intentions. All other LMHA members registered as a goaltender in LMHA are not permitted to play-out.
Junior A, Junior B, U18/U16 and U15/U14 Tryouts
It is in the best interest of players and their parents/guardians to educate themselves as much as possible when entering Junior and U15/U14 and U18/U16 tryouts by being realistic with their plans and expectations. LMHA supports the endeavors of these players however it is the responsibility of the player to keep the Division Manager updated on the status of their Junior and U18/U16/U15/U14 tryouts.
Please remember you must be registered with LMHA as per the outlined deadlines in order to be eligible for Rep Evaluations with LMHA. Should you not be selected for a Junior or U18/U16/U15/U14 team, please advise your Division Manager and refer to and review the following policies:
LMHA Rep Evaluation Process
The Rep Evaluation process and information for the 2023-24 Season for all players and parents/guardians with children trying out for a Rep team will be available on the LMHA website. We strongly encourage you to review the information available on a regular basis.
Questions regarding the process can be directed to our VP of Operations
LMHA Hockey Equipment Requirements
As of the 2015/16 season, all Rep rostered players are mandated to wear black helmets. LMHA pant shells and black gloves are preferred, however coaches cannot mandate a specific glove color or any other uniform color other than black helmets. Black helmets are not mandatory during the Rep Evaluation process however LMHA wants to ensure that members participating in the Rep Evaluation process are aware of the expectation should the player make a Rep team.
Please read through this section prior to requesting a refund. Refund requests must be submitted via the refund request form available HERE.
The refund cheque will be mailed to the home address as indicated in the Hockey Canada Registry, the new address submitted on the refund request form, or refunded to the credit card that the initial payment was processed with. If fees were paid by e-transfer, the refund will be processed by cheque.
Please Note: LMHA will refund 100% of the registration fee for a U15, U18 or U21 player who was properly registered with LMHA for the applicable season and who earns a spot on the final roster of a Major, Minor, or Junior team. In order to receive a refund under this provision, the request must be made in writing to the Registrar and must be supported by appropriate evidence (i.e. letter from team).
A refund will not be provided for any player who is currently expelled and/or suspended from playing hockey.
Rep Evaluation Refund Policy:
- The “A” - Rep Evaluation Fee is non-refundable (unless requested and approved for Injury / Medical reasons only)
Registration Fee Refund Policy:
- 100% refund, less a $50 admin fee, for players participating in REP evaluations, withdrawing on or before September 1st
- 100% refund, less a $50 admin fee, for “C” players withdrawing on or before September 20th
- 75% Refund of Registration Fees for players withdrawing on or before October 1st
- 50% Refund of Registration Fees for players withdrawing on or before November 1st
- No Refund of Registration Fees for players withdrawing after November1st
The applicable refund is based solely on the date the Refund Request Form is submitted, not on the number of ice times a player has had.
* There will be NO refunds issued after November 1st, 2023 unless approved by the LMHA Board of Directors. Special consideration may be given for relocation, medical or compassionate grounds at the discretion of the LMHA Board of Directors.
* Refunds due to injury after November 1st, 2023 will be provided upon receipt of a letter from the player's Physician, noting the date of the injury. Notification to the Registrar of injury must be received within 7 days of the date of injury. Refunds from the date of the injury will be prorated less a $50 administration fee.
* Refunds due to medical reasons other than injuries will only be considered by the Board of Directors upon written request supported by a letter from the player’s Physician. Notification of withdrawal to the Registrar must be received within 7 days of the date of the Physician’s letter. Refunds from the date of the Physician’s letter will be prorated less a $50 administration fee.
We encourage all RETURNING families to click HERE to read and save a copy of our Registration Process Document.
All NEW and TRANSFERRING families will receive a copy once pre-registration is complete.
Please select the appropriate link below. Please also ensure you have familiarized yourself with all of the information regarding registration outlined above.
Please note that by clicking on the appropriate link below, NEW and TRANSFERRING PLAYERS will be completing a PRE-REGISTRATION APPLICATION ONLY. RETURNING PLAYERS will be completing 2022/23 Season Registration.
All questions regarding player registration can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration will not be considered complete until your application and payment has been received by LMHA.
NEW and TRANSFERRING PLAYERS will be contacted by the LMHA with further details once their pre-registration is complete.
TROUBLESHOOTING FOR TEAMSNAP REGISTRATION
If you are having issues completing any step throughout the registration process, (example: Are unable to input your credit card information), TeamSnap recommends that you try to login from a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and this should resolve the issue. Internet Explorer is NOT supported by TeamSnap.
NEED HELP? Please review full details by clicking on the link below:
PLEASE CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE EMAIL BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
RETURNING LMHA PLAYERS EMAIL: email@example.com
NEW PLAYERS EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRANSFERRING PLAYERS EMAIL: email@example.com
U21 (Juvenile) Player and Goalie 2023/24 Season Registration:
Registration for U21 'C' Opens May 15th!
Please ensure you have familiarized yourself with all of the information regarding registration outlined above.
Any questions regarding U21 can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Troubleshooting for TeamSnap Registration - If you are having issues completing any step throughout the registration process, (Ex. Are unable to input your credit card information), TeamSnap recommends that you try to login from a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and this should resolve the issue. Internet Explorer is NOT supported by TeamSnap.