Langley Minor Hockey is looking forward to the 2020-21 Season. Planning is well underway and Player Registration is just around the corner... We would like to provide you with very important information to ensure that you are prepared to register once the process begins. All New Players and Player Transfers must provide Proof of Residence upon registration. Details of this process are listed under Proof of Residency. Please note that we have also outlined tentative registration deadlines below however these dates are subject-to-change.
How will COVID-19 affect my registration with Langley Minor Hockey?
Our goal is to ensure that we approach the upcoming season keeping our members in mind during this unprecedented time. LMHA is looking at ways to allow for more leniency than our standard Registration Policies with respect to payments. We have numerous plans in the works which will provide our Returning Players the opportunity to “hold their spot” without having to expense the usual amount of fees upon registering and also for our New and Transferring players come July 1st. Further details will be available closer to the launch of our 2020/21 Registration. Please forward any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MAY 15th, 2020 - Returning Player Registration OPEN
JUNE 30th, 2020 - Deadline for Returning Player Registration to avoid possible wait list @ 11:59 PM June 30th, 2020
JUNE 30th, 2020 - Deadline for Early Bird Rep Registration @ 11:59 PM June 30th, 2020
JULY 1st, 2020 - New Player Registration OPEN
JULY 31st, 2020 - Deadline for Rep Registration with late fee @ 11:59 PM July 31st, 2020
NEW Divisions & Birth Year
Under 6 (U6) - 2015
Under 7 (U7) - 2014
Under 8 (U8) - 2013
Under 9 (U9) - 2012
Under 11 (U11) - 2011 | 2010
Under 13 (U13) - 2009 | 2008
Under 15 (U15) - 2007 | 2006
Under 18 (U18) - 2005 | 2004 | 2003
Under 21 (U21) - 2002 | 2001| 2000
Residential Qualification and Proof of Residency
The following requirements must be met to register with LMHA:
* A child may only be registered by the custodial parent or court appointed legal guardian with whom he/she resides. The players residence is that of which he/she resides four (4) out of seven (7) days each week. Confirmation will be required.
* This residence must be within the boundaries of Langley Minor Hockey Association. The boundaries are:
N: Fraser River | S: O Avenue | E: 232nd Street (Westside) | W: 196th Street (Eastside)
PROOF OF RESIDENCY
ALL New Players will be required to submit Proof of Residency and Returning Players MAY be requested to submit their Proof of Residency for any given season. If required for Returning Players, following completion of your registration, you will be notified with instructions on how to submit your proof of residency to LMHA.
If Proof of Residency is required, the TWO required documents are as follows:
DOCUMENT 1 - Must be ONE of the following:
* HOMEOWNERS - 2020 Property Tax Notice (Full page required with address at the top and bottom visible). Please note that LMHA cannot accept your Property Assessment. If you have not received your 2020 Property Tax Notice, please wait to submit until you have received it.
* RENTERS - Current Lease or Rental Agreement (Full agreement required - all pages)
DOCUMENT 2 - Must be ONE of the following:
* Current hydro, gas, cable, satellite, or phone bill
* Proof of Home or Rental Insurance (structure/contents insurance)
* GST Statement or CRA Income Tax Assessment
* BC Medical Statement
* School Registration (confirming child's primary address)
* Vehicle Insurance Papers & Corresponding Drivers Licence (must be submitted together)
* Statements must be no more than TWO months old
Important Registration Update - Returning Players
LMHA is once again using TeamSnap registration for the 2020-21 Season. The most important aspect of this process is that your players Hockey Canada ID number will be the link from TeamSnap to HCR and the registrants date of birth will ensure they are registered in the proper division. You will not be able to register unless you know your Hockey Canada ID number. To avoid confusion and last-minute stress prior to registration deadlines, we request that you keep a record your players HCR #. If you are unaware of what your players Hockey ID # is, NOW is the time to source your HCR #. Please follow the steps below:
1) You will find your Hockey ID # on your proof of registration receipt from prior to the 2019-20 season.
2) You may find your Hockey ID # in your eHockey account if you have created one for the purpose of attending clinics.
3) Failing the above, your team manager from the previous season can provide you with your Hockey Canada ID # found on the teams official HCR Roster. Please only request this information from your manager if you have attempted to source the number as noted above, and have been unsuccessful. If you are unable to reach your team manager, you can email email@example.com with your players full name and DOB.
Before beginning your NEW Player Registration, please have the following items saved electronically on your computer as you will need to upload them with your pre-registration application:
- PCAHA Player Registration Form #141
- Players Birth Certificate
- Two Proof of Residency Documents (as per above)
All NEW Players will be required to pre-register with LMHA prior to completing their 2020/21 Season Registration. Once pre-registration is complete, our Registrar will contact you via email with the required steps to complete your registration. If you have any questions regarding New Player Registration, please contact our Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before beginning your Transferring Player Registration, please have the following items saved electronically on your computer as you will need to upload them with your application:
- PCAHA Player Registration Form # 141
- PCAHA Transfer Form # 133
- Players Birth Certificate
- Two Proof of Residency Documents as per above
All TRANSFERRING Players will be required to pre-register with LMHA prior to completing their 2020/21 Season Registration. Once pre-registration is complete, our Registrar will contact you via email with the required steps to complete your registration. If you have any questions regarding Transferring Player Registration, please contact our Administrator at email@example.com
For more information on available and recognized assistance programs, please visit our Financial Assistance information page. Please contact the LMHA Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have or will be applying for Financial Assistance. If the registrant has already been approved for Financial Assistance, please forward the confirmation to the LMHA Administrator. If you have an applictaion pending, please let the LMHA Administrator know. When registering, you will check out with the "offline" payment method.