THANK YOU to all who not only volunteered, but also to those who supported and sponsored our campaign and those who used the service and spread the word to your family and friends. This was a COMMUNITY effort and we truly couldn't have accomplished what we did without you! Well over 400 vehicles and their passengers home safely over the course of the eight campaign nights. A successful 2019 is in the books. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE... and stay tuned for details about next year! We will be looking for committee lead volunteers sooner than later!
WHAT IS OPERATION RED NOSE?
Operation Red Nose (ORN) is a 100% Volunteer operated FREE driving service that provides SAFE rides for clients, in their own vehicles, on specific nights during the Christmas Season. It allows people to share a little holiday cheer responsibly and get home safely. We are the Langley-Surrey campaign and are excited to be back! To arrange for a safe ride, please call 604-539-9082. Have questions? Email us at email@example.com
HOW DOES THE SERVICE WORK?
For the holiday season, the ORN service will operate on select nights:
- Friday November 29 & Saturday November 30, 2019 | 9pm - 3am
- Friday December 6 & Saturday December 7, 2019 | 9pm - 3am
- Friday December 13 & Saturday December 14, 2019 | 9pm - 3am
- Friday December 20 & Saturday December 21, 2019 | 9pm - 3am
- Tuesday December 31, 2019 | 9pm - 3am - CANCELLED
Then, if you need to get home safely after celebrating the holiday season with some drinks, call ORN for a FREE ride home. A team of 3 volunteers – co-ordinated through the Langley Minor Hockey Association - will pick you up and drive you, in your own vehicle to the destination of your choice (within the local campaign areas). One volunteer drives your vehicle, a second volunteer navigates and a third volunteer follows in an escort vehicle to pick up the volunteers once they drop you off.
The service is FREE but donations are accepted. ORN is a great fundraising opportunity with 100% of client donations going towards our local amateur hockey organizations, LMHA.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT?
There are many way to support this initiative! Please see below...
#1 - VOLUNTEER ON A CAMPAIGN NIGHT!
We need drivers and navigators! Teams of three will head out on calls to help get our clients home safely! Sign up individually or as a team. Once your application is received and approved, you will receive a link to sign up for shifts on the nights of operation. Sign up for one night... or sign up for all the nights! Such a rewarding experience. And LMHA - remember - this counts towards your volunteer hours!
To Become a Volunteer...
STEP #1 - Review the ORN Application Package.
Volunteer Application Package 2019
STEP #2 - Fill out and submit your Volunteer Application Form to ORN Langley-Surrey.
Langley-Surrey_ORN Volunteer Application 2019
STEP #3 - Sign up for your Shift!
Sign up to Volunteer on Friday, November 29, 2019 - COMPLETE!
Sign up to Volunteer on Saturday, November 30, 2019 - COMPLETE!
Sign up to Volunteer on Friday, December 6, 2019 - COMPLETE!
Sign up to Volunteer on Saturday, December 7, 2019 - COMPLETE!
Sign up to Volunteer on Friday, December 13, 2019 - COMPLETE
Sign up to Volunteer on Saturday, December 14, 2019 - COMPLETE
Sign up to Volunteer on Friday, December 20, 2019 - COMPLETE
Sign up to Volunteer on Saturday, December 21, 2019 - COMPLETE
Sign up to Volunteer on Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - CANCELLED
STEP #4 - Attend the RCMP Detachment to obtain your no-cost Criminal Record Check.
How to Become an ORN Volunteer 2019
STEP #5 - Show up for your shift and have fun!!
Our headquarters for 2019 is located at the Langley Sportsplex (20165 - 91A Avenue, Langley)
#2 - BECOME AN OPERATION RED NOSE SPONSOR/SUPPORTER
Being that the Operation Red Nose campaign is a 100% volunteer operated FREE driving service that provides SAFE rides home for our clients, we rely on Sponsorship to cover the costs of this initiative. There are many different opportunities for companies... including corporate sponsorship, food donations, fuel sponsorship and otherwise! Let us know if you have an idea! We hope that you will consider promoting safe rides home while supporting OPERATION RED NOSE in the Communities of Langley & Surrey this season.
Sponsorship Package 2019
*Become a Corporate Sponsor of the Operation Red Nose Campaign and increase your community exposure while helping to cover the many costs associated with providing this service to the communities of Langley & Surrey!
Food Sponsorship 2019
*Provide a food or beverage donation on one of the campaign nights for our outstanding volunteers!
Pub Pack Sponsorship 2019
*Request a Pub Pack to display in your establishment and encourage patrons to ride home safe!
Christmas Party Pack 2019
*Request an Operation Red Nose Display Kit to encourage your guests to get home safely from the party!
#3 - JOIN ONE OF OUR ORGANIZING COMMITTEES
- Pub & Banquet Pak Promotion – reporting to the committee lead, contact and/or visit all of the pubs and banquet facilities to offer promotional “Pub/Banquet Paks”.
- Corporate Party Pak Promotion – reporting to the committee lead, contact and/or visit all of the past and potential corporate donors.
- Corporate Sponsorship Promotion – reporting to the committee lead, approach past and potential sponsors to provide advertising opportunities.
- Food Sponsorship Promotion – reporting to the committee lead, approach local restaurants & food establishments to past and potential food donors. Each night of the campaign, we will be providing our volunteers with food and coffee and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Volunteer Recruiting & Approvals – reporting to the committee lead, contact and answer questions for potential volunteers, reviewing and approving applications in conjunction with ICBC and the local RCMP.
- Volunteer Appreciation Team – reporting to the committee lead, solicit and arrange prize draw, incentive gifts etc. for our volunteers through-out the campaign and organize a volunteer appreciation event after the close of the campaign.
If you are interested in one of our ORN committees,
please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.