Good evening LMHA Hockey Families –
As a follow-up to our email on Saturday evening, LMHA wanted to reach out and review our “two-week pause” expectations. As per Dr. Bonnie Henry’s update this afternoon, hockey skills and development will proceed under the Phase Two (2) protocols as outlined by viaSport. This is the no contact, physically distanced phase that was implemented at the start of the season, during September and early October 2020.
To re-cap, please carefully review….
- LMHA Healthchecks must be completed prior to arrival at the rink.
- If not feeling well or are showing any symptoms, please stay home! Please refer to the Return-to-Play protocol on the RTP Resource Page.
- Masks will be worn at all times other than when a player is in their helmet.
- Arrive no more than fifteen (15) minutes prior to your scheduled ice time. Facility dressing room protocols will be followed.
- At the conclusion any ice time, players will have ten (10) minutes to vacate the arena to allow the arena staff to clean the space thoroughly and minimize congestion in and out of the arenas.
- Players will enter the building fully dressed as often as possible.
- No spectators are permitted, with the exception of one masked parent for U6, U7, U8 and U9.
- Helmets and gloves will be worn at all time, with chin straps attached, when on the ice and going to and from the dressing room.
- Every athlete must have their own filled water bottle priorto arriving (absolutely no sharing).
- Spitting is strictly prohibited.
- As per the PHO, players and parents will not be permitted to congregate before, during or after their session(s) and must leave the facility immediately.
- All skill development training plans and on-ice sessions will be designed to keep players as distanced as possible, as to not come into contact with other players or coaches.
- Two (2) meters (6 feet) physical distancing is to be strictly enforced at all times, including on the bench, in the dressing rooms and on the ice.
- There will be no contact drills or checking drills and 1v1, 2v1 etc. activities will be modified.
- Contact is NOT permitted as per the viaSport and Hockey Canada Safety Guidelines for Phase 2.
- There will be no small area or full-sized games permitted at this time.
- Coaches are to follow all Hockey Canada and BC Hockey regulations regarding equipment.
- There will be no group gatherings on the ice at any time, without proper physical distancing. This includes during the instruction of drills. Physical distancing of approximately the length of one adult stick is always in effect.
- Shooting, passing, and skating drills are permitted. No battle or compete drills will be allowed.
- The Coaches have been educated regarding illness prevention measures and COVID-19 protocols. Practice plans, drills and support are being made available to our coaches through Jordan Emmerson, Director of Coach and Player Development.
LMHA is hopeful that this “two week pause” will do what is necessary to flatten the curve and allow our teams to move back to game play and otherwise so we ask that each of our families do their part. The safety of our player is of utmost importance. As such, LMHA will maintain a zero-tolerance policywith respect to all of the protocols related to LMHA and COVID-19.
Thank you all for your cooperation,