Updated September 30, 2020 and effective immediately.
IMPORTANT: LMHA has updated our Protocol & Requirements for Return-to-Play during COVID-19. Details are below.
Please note that if you are required to complete the RTP Parent Acknowledgement form, you can access the link to this form on the RETURN-TO-PLAY RESOURCE PAGE found on our website.
If a player has failed the TeamSnap Health Check, they are not permitted to return-to-play until they have received clearance in one of the following ways:
Physicians note or a signed Hockey Canada Return-to-Play form from your Doctor.
A call to 811 to be cleared and completion of our online RTP Parent Acknowledgement form verifying that the parent/guardian has followed the direction received from the Health Professional he/she spoke to with respect to the player’s symptoms.
If the player is tested for Covid-19, the parent/guardian must complete our online RTP Parent Acknowledgement form and provide LMHA with a screenshot of the negative Covid-19 test (to be uploaded to our RTP Parent Acknowledgement form).
Please see below for IMPORTANT details on what is required to complete any of the above options:
- You will be required to document the date and time of your call as well as the name of the Health Professional you spoke to.
- The above information must be included in the RTP Parent Acknowledgement form.
- The RTP Parent Acknowledgement form must be completed by the parent/guardian who made the call to 811.
- All clearance documents (Physicians note/Hockey Canada RTP form/screenshot of negative Covid-19 test) must be provided to LMHA with the RTP Parent Acknowledgement Form and also be scanned and emailed to the team HCSP.
- The team HCSP will acknowledge receipt of the above documents and advise the parent/guardian via email that the player is cleared to return-to-play (Division Manager, VP of HR & Risk, and Communications Officer MUST be copied in on the email).
- In the case of OPTION 1, the team HCSP will upload the signed Physicians note or signed Hockey Canada Return-to-Play form to ePACT and confirm that the family also completed the online RTP Parent Acknowledgement form.
UNTIL SUCH TIME AS TEAMS ARE FORMED, ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE EMAILED TO THE GROUP HSCP, YOUR DIVISION MANAGER, AND THE LMHA COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER. FAILURE TO COMPETE ALL REQUIRED STEPS WILL DELAY THE RETURN OF YOUR PLAYER.
Requirements for completing TeamSnap Health Check AFTER RTP clearance has been provided:
- For question number 1 – only answer yes if you have had a fever since you have received return-to-play clearance.
- For question number 4 – only select a symptom if it indicates it is a new condition that has not been already attributed to another condition that has already been cleared for RTP.