Hello LMHA Families,
We hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy. It looks like we are in for some beautiful weather over the next few days so enjoy!
The purpose of this email is to provide you with an update on what we know about how Return-to-Play could look like and how Langley Minor Hockey is staying on top of the situation while keeping the best interest of our members in mind. Please read through this entire email as we have included details rearding an extremely important member survey at the bottom.
The truth is the road back to hitting the ice as per the norm is still a long way off and it is not about being the first one to the finish line. The process will be gradual and involve multiple stages and progressions to ensure the health and safety of our hockey community. With that being said, planning is well underway and guided by our Provincial Health Authority, Hockey Canada, and BC Hockey in conjunction with viaSport who is taking the lead for the sports community. Sport BC has advised that all sports need to begin to draft a sport specific framework for Return-to-Play. This is what is happening behind the scenes in preparation for getting back on the ice! LMHA is sure that you have heard rumours about what the new norm for hockey will be. Will we have a season? What will it look like? Will there be games and tournaments? So many questions without answers. LMHA has the same questions. You have likely also heard that some private facilities are now opening, and kids are slowly getting back on the ice. This is a positive first step however numerous guidelines are in place to ensure that social distancing remains in effect, and the facilities are under strict supervision of the Provincial Health Authority to comply. Please keep all social distancing protocols in mind as you consider getting back on the ice… it is imperative that we work together within the guidelines and do our part.
What we can expect shortly is a statement of guidance and direction from Hockey Canada and the official opening of LMHA Registration for Returning Players on May 15, 2020. Communication is key so we would like to share what is going on behind the LMHA scene:
- We successfully processed all Langley Cup and Jordan Owens refunds.
- On behalf of the numerous donations, we are proud to be presenting BC Children’s Hospital Foundation with over $11,000!
- We are hosting virtual Board Meetings to plan for the future.
- LMHA joins TeamSnap and TeamGenius for weekly brainstorming calls to engage with other Associations and Sports as we all navigate COVID-19.
- We are a part of the PCAHA weekly task force video conference calls and will continue to stay connected on this platform as well as with BC Hockey and Hockey Canada.
- LMHA is focused on a positive social media buzz and will continue to engage in new challenges and incentives. Stay tuned for how we look forward to supporting our local businesses…
- With the abrupt end of the season, we established a fair process to evaluate the status of the Volunteer Bond Policy.
- The LMHA Board of Directors is finalizing the launch of our 2020/21 Returning Player Registration with adjustments to our standard Payment Guidelines.
- LMHA is working through the details about facilitating jersey and equipment returns, keeping all social distancing protocols in place.
- LMHA is actively planning for our season opening in whatever capacity that looks like.
Now that you have heard from us, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to complete a brief survey designed to help LMHA move forward with your best interests in mind. Your answers are important and will support some of the initiatives that we are currently working on.
Check your email for a link to the survey!
Stay safe and stay healthy!