OUR NEW 2018/19 LMHA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
This past Thursday evening marked the first meeting of the new LMHA Board of Directors for the 2018/19 season and we are pleased to announce the following appointments:
- President – Aaron Sproule
- VP Operations – Michelle Cowan
- VP Administration – Shelley Rosner
- VP Human Resources & Risk Management – Steve Kooner
- Secretary – Vacant
- Treasurer – Natalee Letawsky
- Registrar – Jean Adams
- Competitive Director – Ted Whitfield
- Development Director – Dave Duffill
- Initiation Manager – Jordan Bateman
- Novice Manager – Michelle Andreone
- Atom Manager – Maxime Spakowski
- Peewee Manager – Rachel Wasmuth
- Bantam Manager – Vacant
- Midget-Juvenile Manager – Vacant
The LMHA Board of Directors currently has three openings that must be filled before the 2018-19 hockey season can begin. If you are interested in volunteering on the LMHA Board of Directors this year, or finding out more information about the vacant roles listed above, please email us at email@example.com. We would love to talk to you! In addition to the three voting roles listed above we also have other volunteer roles to be filled. Specifically, LMHA is looking for a Special Events Coordinator, Tournament Coordinator and a Referee Assignor.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE 2018/19 LMHA A1 COACHES
LMHA is pleased to announce the following appointments:
Atom A1 – Benn Olson
Peewee A1 – Paul Whintors
Bantam A1 – Cary Sutter
Midget A1 – Scott Sparkman
Juvenile A1 – Larry Spady
To learn more about our Coaches, please visit www.langleyminorhockey.ca.
RETURNING PLAYER REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Don’t delay! Returning player deadline is fast approaching! June 30, 2018 is the last day to avoid late fees. LMHA will be holding an ‘in person’ registration evening on Monday June 25, 2018 from 6:30-8:00pm FOR RETURNING PLAYERS at the office at GPRC. For more information or to register, please visit our Registration Page.
LMHA is currently accepting applications for Rep Team (A2-A4) and our C-Division and Initiation Division Teams. Thank you to the many of you that have already applied! If you haven’t submitted your application yet, please do so soon! We will begin interviews for Rep Coach positions through-out July in anticipation of having all coaches in place prior to any player stepping on the ice. For more information on Coaching in Langley or to apply, visit our Coaching Page. Also, please ensure that all your credentials are current prior to the season starting. Rep Coach applications will be accepted until June 30, 2018!
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HIGHLIGHTS
On Thursday, June 14, 2018, LMHA hosted our Annual General Meeting at the Langley Township Civic Facility Building. A big thank you to all of those who attended!
Highlights from the AGM…
- The LMHA Board shared their new organizational structure which balances workloads and provides a depth of support, better aligning with Hockey Canada and BC Hockey functional areas.
- The new LMHA Constitution & Bylaws was passed unanimously. Key areas were amended and updated in consultation with a legal firm to ensure compliancy with the new BC Societies Act.
- LMHA has partnered with ePact to increase information and privacy and decrease paperwork and time.
- The new and improved financial reports were presented and the LMHA Board of Directors announce that the services of a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) has been secured to assist with the management of LMHA financial information going forward.
- LMHA welcomed Jordan Bateman and Maxime Spakowski to the 2018-19 Board of Directors.
- Thank you to Christa McCarthy, Erinn Kredba, Jennifer Verbeek and Aman Gill for volunteering many hours their time as LMHA Directors.
Moving forward into the next season, LMHA is…
- Currently working on hiring a new RIC.
- Currently investigating automated injury tracking processes for future implementation with the teams
- Working to update and consolidate the LMHA Policies & Procedures Manual
- Reviewing our “C” Hockey Program
- Shifting our focus forward on Coach and Goalie Development
Congratulations to our Bantam A4 team for winning the Silver Medal at the BC Hockey Championships
Congratulations to our League and Playoff Winners
- Midget A1 Series 7 Presidents Series Champions
- Midget A2 Flight 3 League Champions
- Midget C5 Black Group League Winner
- Bantam A2 Tier 2 PCAHA Champions
- Bantam A3 Series 7 Presidents Series Champions
- Bantam A4 Tier 4 PCAHA Champions
- Bantam C7 Orange Group League Winner
- Peewee A3 Tier 3 PCAHA Champions
- Peewee C4 Green Group League Winner
- Peewee C6 Red Group League Winner
- Peewee C1 Blue Group League Winner
- Peewee C4 Gold Group Playoff Champions
- Atom A1 Flight 1 Playoff Champions
- Atom C6 Orange Group League Winner
- Atom C7 Yellow Group Playoff Champions
Congratulations to our Langley Cup Winners
- Midget C7 Good Time Guys
- Bantam C1 Eagles
- Peewee C1 Doggers
- Atom C6 Titans
This was one of LMHA’s most successful hockey seasons to-date and the LMHA Board of Directors wishes to thank our many volunteers including our coaches, managers, team officials and others who have contributed to this success – thank you and well done!