Wow, it is hard to believe that we have ended regular season hockey but here we are. The season is not wrapped for everyone yet! This weekend is the Langley Cup tournament for all our Atom – Midget C teams and next weekend is the Initiation Jordan Owen’s tournament.
We are also extremely proud to say that three of our A teams are provincial bound. Peewee A3 will be heading to Dawson Creek, Peewee A4 to Fernie and Juvenile A1 gets to stay a bit closer to home with games in Richmond. Safe travels and good luck to everyone.
Please take a moment to read the information below, before you move on to your spring activities:
- Please don’t leave your TeamSnap team, we need some time to wrap everything up and archive the season. If you leave before this happens you will not receive emails for next season in regards to registration deadlines and other news.
- We have set our Annual Awards night for April 13th at the Chief Seapass Theatre in Fort Langley. Mark your calendars and more details will follow.
- AGM date is TBD, as soon as we have one confirmed we will share it with you,it will be late April at the earliest.
- Banners – this is a HOT question and we wanted to give everyone an update. Many of you have asked what happened to all our banners at GPRC. As part of the renovation they had to come down but we are working with GPRC and the Township to get as many as possible back up in the rafters. If you have a banner at home or won one this year, please drop it at the LMHA office so we can have it hung this summer.
- Year End Coaches Survey – please take a few minutes to complete the survey here. Note this is for all teams except our A1 teams and Midget A2 since we have already sent you a year end survey.
- FREE Registration Draw during the Langley Cup. We will be selling raffle tickets during the Langley Cup for a free registration for the 2017/18 season. Some of you may have heard about a player with Cloverdale Minor Hockey – Owen Hopkins who is battling cancer. His story can be watched here. LMHA would like to raise some money for this family and tickets can be purchased 5 for $10 or 15 for $20. In years past when our association has had tragic events, our fellow Minor Hockey Associations have always been quick to reach out and we would like to do the same for this family. All proceeds from the ticket sales will be given to Owen’s family. There will always be someone at the first aid room of Sportsplex if you would like to purchase tickets. This is the roll up window on the way to rink 1 and 2. All families even if you are not playing in the Langley Cup are welcome to come by and purchase a ticket.
- Bantam Zone Hockey – PCAHA recently took a vote of its members to determine interest in participating in Bantam Zone Hockey. Last season there was a pilot project in the Okanagan and this season, BC Hockey opened the opportunity up to other associations to participate. The results of the vote for PCAHA was a majority vote to NOT form a Bantam Zone team for the 2017-18 season. A committee is going to be formed by PCAHA to develop a proposal for the 2018-19 season and another vote taken when that proposal is complete.
Thank you to all our coaches and team officials who volunteer so many hours so that more than 1000 kids can play the game of hockey in Langley. We wish all our families a great off season!