We hope summer is going well for everyone! The start of the 2016/17 season is very close and we have a few important items for you to consider.
Over the summer, BC Hockey has made two policy changes that effect ANY rostered team official (HCSP, manager, coaches). They are as follows:
1. All BC Hockey Junior and Minor Team Officials must submit a Criminal Record Check (CRC) and a Vulnerable Persons Check (VPC) prior to any team participation in practices and games. A satisfactory CRC and VPC is valid for three (3) playing seasons and then must be renewed thereafter.
2. All BC Hockey Team Officials must be qualified in the Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT) prior to their participation in any practice or games.
What does this mean to you?
If you plan on, or are even considering, being a team official (this includes team manager and HCSP) for the 2016/17 season, you need to take action ASAP as you will not be able to participate in any practices or games until both of the above requirements are complete. The good news…both are not time consuming! If you can find 15 – 30 minutes between now and the beginning of September, you can complete both components easily and be prepared to participate in any team events immediately. Both items can be done online and are free. Next season, LMHA will be mandating that one person per household has completed the CATT online training so doing it now will have you ahead of the game. These are the two links you will need:
2. CRC (Criminal Record Check)
ONLINE LINK : https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC
ACCESS CODE : 8PPB7KPFJM
If you are not sure if you have a current CRC (less than 3 years old) you can email Bryan Barratt, Risk Manager – email@example.com and he will be able to confirm this information for you.
Please note, these are in addition to any current certifications that are required for any position such as Respect in Sport, Coaching certifications and/or HCSP course. Full details of what is required for coaching certifications can be found on the BC Hockey Website. Questions can also be directed to Brent Wormald, the Coach Coordinator for Peewee – Juvenile – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder to Rep Tryout Families:
Last week a notice was sent out to all returning families that signed up for Rep Tryouts (note that some new and transferring players may not have received the first notice) regarding the Rep Tryout Parent Meeting that is happening tomorrow. If you registered for Rep Tryouts and did not see the email, please email our registrar – email@example.com so she can ensure that you are registered for Rep. A copy of that email is below, we hope to see you Wednesday night!
LMHA Rep Tryout Families,
Attached is a letter from our President and A Division Director to all our rep tryout families with important information you need to review prior to participating in rep tryouts.
Additionally, there are some updates and information that we wish to share with you at this time. First of all we have added something new this year – a parent rep tryout information meeting. This is a chance for you to come and ask questions you may have about the Rep Tryout Process. This meeting will be held Wednesday, August 17th at 7:00PM at the Township Hall -20338 – 65 Avenue. We are asking that you please RSVP here if you plan on attending. If there are any questions you wish to submit in advance there is a space on the RSVP form to do so. Items that will addressed include:
· rep tryout procedure (including evaluation scoring, drills for skills)
· pre skate criteria for each age group
· goalie evaluation procedure
· what to expect during evaluations
· checking clinic
· ice times for stage 2 and 3 of tryouts
· rep team budgets
· the values Langley Minor Hockey expects from its rep players
We have created a Rep Tryout page on our website that is currently updated with the schedules for:
· Atom and Peewee Pre Skates – emails will be sent to families with your date and time
· Goalie Evaluation Schedule
· Bantam Hitting Clinics – emails will be sent to families with your date and time
· Evaluation Weekend Schedule (Atom to Bantam and Midget) – note evaluation teams will be posted towards the end of August.
We will continue to update this page so please keep checking back or go here first if you have a question regarding rep tryouts.
If you have any questions, your first point of contact should be your division manager as follows:
Michelle Cowan, Atom Division Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Marc Belanger, Peewee Division Manager – email@example.com
Kevin Keith, Bantam Division Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa LeClair – Midget & Juvenile Division Manager – email@example.com
Langley Minor Hockey Association
PO Box 61571 Brookswood Post Office
Langley, BC V3A 8C8