Rep Tryout Families,
If you are receiving this email then we have you registered to participate in Rep Tryouts. Attached is a letter from our President and A Division Director to all our rep tryout families with important information you need to review prior to participating in rep tryouts.
Additionally, there are some updates and information that we wish to share with you at this time. First of all we have added something new this year – a parent rep tryout information meeting. This is a chance for you to come and ask questions you may have about the Rep Tryout Process. This meeting will be held Wednesday, August 17th at 7:00PM at the Township Hall – 20338 – 65 Avenue. We are asking that you please RSVP here if you plan on attending. If there are any questions you wish to submit in advance there is a space on the RSVP form to do so. Items that will addressed include:
· rep tryout procedure (including evaluation scoring, drills for skills)
· pre skate criteria for each age group
· goalie evaluation procedure
· what to expect during evaluations
· checking clinic
· ice times for stage 2 and 3 of tryouts
· rep team budgets
· the values Langley Minor Hockey expects from its rep players
We have created a Rep Tryout page on our website that is currently updated with the schedules for:
· Atom and Peewee Pre Skates – emails will be sent to families with your date and time
· Goalie Evaluation Schedule
· Bantam Hitting Clinics – emails will be sent to families with your date and time
· Evaluation Weekend Schedule (Atom to Bantam and Midget) – note evaluation teams will be posted towards the end of August.
We will continue to update this page so please keep checking back or go here first if you have a question regarding rep tryouts.
If you have any questions, your first point of contact should be your division manager as follows:
Michelle Cowan, Atom Division Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Marc Belanger, Peewee Division Manager – email@example.com
Kevin Keith, Bantam Division Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa LeClair – Midget & Juvenile Division Manager – email@example.com
Finally we would like to remind everyone about Concussion Baseline Testing. We had several families participate last season and the feedback was excellent. LMHA has partnered with Complete Concussion Management and Peak Valley Active Health to offer all of our players affordable Baseline Concussion Testing and Monitoring. Information can be found on the LMHA Risk Management page of our website.
Have a great weekend everyone,
Langley Minor Hockey Association
PO Box 61571 Brookswood Post Office
Langley, BC V3A 8C8