LMHA Player Registration for the 2018/19 Season
Please read through all the information below before proceeding with your registration.
Not reading the information below can result in missing something that will result in a player's registration not being accepted, delayed or a player to not be able to participate in Rep Tryouts.
Please review the LMHA REGISTRATION DEADLINE POLICY in order to be familiar with all non-negotiable deadlines.
Questions can be directed to the LMHA Registrar at email@example.com.
The following requirements must be met to register with LMHA:
- A child may only be registered by the custodial parent or court appointed legal guardian with whom he/she resides. The players residence is that of which he/she resides four (4) out of seven (7) days each week. Confirmation will be required.
- This residence must be within the boundaries of Langley Minor Hockey Association. The boundaries are:
- N: Fraser River | S: O Avenue | E: 232nd Street (Westside) | W: 196th Street (Eastside)
Proof of Residency
Returning Players may be asked to submit their Proof of Residency each year. If required, following completion of your registration, you will be notified with instructions on how to submit your proof of residency to LMHA.
If Proof of Residency is required the TWO required documents are as follows:
DOCUMENT 1 - Must be ONE of the following:
- HOMEOWNERS - 2018 Property Tax Notice (Please note we can not accept your Property Assessment if you have not received your 2018 Property Tax Notice please wait to submit until you have received it).
- RENTERS - Current Lease or Rental Agreement
DOCUMENT 2 - Must be ONE of the following:
- Current hydro, gas, water, cable, satellite or phone bill
- Proof of Home or Rental Insurance (structure/contents insurance)
- GST Statement or Income Tax Assessment
- BC Medical Statement
- School Registration (confirming child's primary address)
- Vehicle Insurance Papers & Corresponding Drivers Licence
* Statements must be no more than TWO months old.
Important Dates for the 2018/19 Season
|June 30||Deadline for returning player registration. Returning Players have priority over transferring or new players until June 30, 2018. Registrations received by LMHA after this date may be wait-listed and will be subject to a $150 late fee. (ONLY applies to returning players)|
|June 30||Final day for early-bird registration for Rep Tryouts. Applications received after June 30, 2018 will be subject to an additional $150 late fee. (ONLY applies to returning players)|
|July 31||Final day for Rep Tryout registration with the late fee. No applications will be accepted after 11:59pm on July 31, 2018.|
|August 20||Hitting clinic for any players participating in Rep Tryouts that have not previously played in a division with hitting. This is a mandatory component to be eligible for Tryouts. This does not include Spring Hockey. Registration will be available via the LMHA website.|
|August 23||Goalie Evaluations for Rep Tryouts for All Divisions.|
|August 24||Combine Testing for Rep Tryouts for All Divisions.|
|August 25||Player Evaluations for Rep Tryouts begin for Atom, Peewee, Bantam Divisions.|
|September 5||Player Evaluations for Rep Tryouts begin for Midget Division.|
|September 4||C-Division Players & Goalies begin practice groups in preparation for C-Division Evaluations.|
|September 4||Initiation Players & Goalies begin practice groups in preparation for Initiation Division Evaluations.|
|H1 (Minor Tyke)||5||2013|
|H2 (Major Tyke)||6||2012|
|H3 (Minor Novice)||7||2011|
|H4 (Major Novice)||8||2010|
|Atom||9/10||2009 | 2008|
|Peewee||11/12||2007 | 2006|
|Bantam||13/14||2005 | 2004|
|Midget||15/16/17||2003 | 2002 | 2001|
|Juvenile||18/19/20||2000 | 1999| 1998|
Registration Fees for the 2018/19 Season
|Division / Position||Registration Fee|
|H1 Player (Minor Tyke)||$605|
|H2 Player (Major Tyke)||$680|
|H3 Player (Minor Novice)||$755|
|H4 Player (Major Novice)||$755|
|Juvenile C Skater||$405|
|Juvenile C Goaltender||$285|
|Juvenile A1 (includes Rep Tryout)||$760|
|Juvenile A1 Goaltender (includes Rep Tryout)||$515|
|3rd and 4th Skater Registration||50% discount|
|Rep Tryout Fee - Skater / Goaltender||$195 / $150|
|Late Registration Fee (ONLY applies to returning players)||$150|
|Late Rep Try-Out Fee (ONLY applies to returning players)||$150|
|Late Payment Fee as of August 15th (ONLY applies to returning players)||$25|
|Additional Late Payment Fee as of September 15th (ONLY applies to returning players)||$25|
|Special Transfer Fee||$75|
**ANY REGISTRATION FEES THAT ARE NOT RECEIVED AS ONE PAYMENT WILL BE SUBJECT TO A ONE-TIME $25 ADMIN FEE.
Please ensure that you include the $25 with any post-dated payments that you submit.
Number of goaltenders per team is limited by Hockey Canada, so once LMHA's limit for goaltenders is attained in each division, the balance will be wait listed until a spot becomes open. Members registered as a goaltender in Atom C or Peewee C may apply to play out provided all conditions have been met as per the LMHA Goaltender Policy. It is the responsibility of the player to contact the Division Manager and the C-Director with their intentions. All other LMHA members registered as a goaltender in LMHA are not permitted to play out.
Junior A, Junior B, Major Midget and Minor Midget Tryouts
It is in the best interest of players and their parents/guardians to educate themselves as much as possible when entering Junior and Major Midget tryouts by being realistic with future plans and expectations. While LMHA supports the endeavours of these players, it is also necessary to remind them that while they are trying out for a Junior or Major Midget team, LMHA must continue with player evaluations and team selection in their respective Division. Players must attend all ice times of the rep evaluation process that do not conflict with Junior or MML games. A minimum of one ice time is required. The LMHA Coaches of the affected teams can only hold a roster position for a certain period of time before having to make decisive team plans. It is the players responsibility to keep the Division Manager/Director of Coach and Player Development/Registrar updated on the status of the tryouts.
Please remember you must be registered with LMHA as per the outlined deadlines in order to be eligible to tryout with LMHA should you choose to not play for or not be selected for a Junior or MML team.
Please refer to the LMHA REGISTRATION REFUND POLICY for full details.
LMHA Rep Hockey Equipment Requirements
As of the 2015/16 season all Rep rostered players are mandated to wear black helmets. LMHA pant shells and black gloves are preferred, however no coach can mandate a specific glove color or any other uniform color other than black helmets. Black helmets are not mandatory during the rep tryout process but LMHA want to make anyone considering rep tryouts aware of the expectation should your player make a rep team.
LMHA Rep Evaluation Process
The Rep Tryout Process Overview for the 2018-19 Season can be here. Questions can be directed to Jordan Emmerson, Director of Coach and Player Development.
This applies to ALL Langley Minor Hockey Association player registrations.
LMHA player registration will not be considered complete until your payment is received.
If you have any questions with respect to registration and/or registration payments, please contact the LMHA Registrar for assistance.
- All player registration fees, including rep tryout fees, are due and payable at the time of registration.
- LMHA will accept post-dated payment plans up until August 15 for any given season. To apply for a payment plan, please submit your application here. Additional fees for this option are applicable and the final payment must be made by August 15. When completing your online registration, please select the cheque option when applying for the payment plan. You are still eligible to pay by credit card once your application is submitted and approved.
- Any registration fees not paid as of August 15 will be subject to a $25 late payment fee and may jeopardize your participation in Rep Tryouts.
- Any fees that remain unpaid as of September 15 will be subject to a further $25 late payment fee and ice times may not be allocated until all fees have been paid-in-full.
- The only exception to any of these deadlines would be where an alternate arrangement has been approved by the Treasurer, VP Administration and Registrar.
** Any late payment fees are over and above any late registration fees. Please refer to the Registration Deadline Policy for details.
A dishonoured payment will be subject to an immediate $35.00 service charge per incident. Failure to resolve a payment issue immediately could result in the player’s registration being suspended and has the potential of that player not being provided any ice times and/or selected to a team.
- If you pay by credit card, that payment is processed at the time of your online registration.
- If you pay by cheque or money order, once your online registration is complete, print a copy of the receipt/invoice and include this with your payment. Please include your players’ nameon your cheque. You can submit your payment one of the following ways:
Langley Minor Hockey Association | Brookswood RPO Box 61571, Langley, BC V3A 8C8
George Preston Recreation Centre | 20699 - 42nd Avenue, Langley, BC, V3A 3B1
There is a secure black mailbox outside of the LMHA office. To access the mailbox, enter the front doors of George Preston, head right and then go through the sliding glass doors to the stands. Keep right and push the blue door open. You will see a yellow LMHA sign beside the mailbox. The LMHA office is the first door past that on the right. * Please do not leave any payments with the GPRC office staff.
Refund requests must be submitted via the refund request form available here.
The refund cheque will be mailed to the Player’s home address as indicated in the Hockey Canada Registry.
Please Note - LMHA will refund 100% of the registration fee for a Midget or Juvenile player who was properly registered and makes the final roster of a Major Midget or Junior team. In order to receive a refund under this provision, the request must be made in writing to the Registrar and the request must be supported by appropriate evidence (e.g. letter from team).
A refund will not be provided for any player who is currently expelled and/or suspended from playing hockey.
Rep Tryout Refund Policy:
- 100% Refund - Players withdrawing before August 15th
- No Refund - Players withdrawing after August 15th
Registration Refund Policy:
- 100% Refund - Players withdrawing up to August 25th
- Registration Fees (less $50.00) - Players withdrawing August 26th to September 15th
- 75% Refund - Players withdrawing September 16th – October 15th
- 50% Refund - Players withdrawing October 16th – December 1st
- No Refund - Players withdrawing after December 1st
The proration is based solely on the date the refund request form is submitted, not on the number of ice times a player has had.
* There will be NO refunds issued after December 1st, unless approved by the LMHA Executive. Special consideration may be given for relocation, medical or compassionate grounds at the discretion of the LMHA Executive.
* Refunds due to injury after December 1st will be provided upon receipt by the Minor Hockey registrar of a letter from the player's Physician, noting the date of the injury. Notification of injury must be received within 7 days of the date of injury. Refunds will be pro-rated less a $50 administration fee from the date of injury.
* Refunds due to medical reasons other than injuries will only be considered by the Executive upon written request supported by a letter from the player’s Physician. Notification of withdrawal must be received within 7 days of the date of Physician’s letter. Refunds will be pro-rated less a $50 administration fee from the date of Physician’s letter.
To Register, please select the appropriate link once you have familiarized yourself with all of the information regarding registration outlined above. Any questions can be directed to to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember, registration will not be considered complete until your application and payment has been received by LMHA.
New Player and Transferring Player applications can be submitted prior to July 1st however will not processed until then.