Interested in Coaching Hockey in Langley?
All individuals who are interested in coaching with the Langley Minor Hockey Association (LMHA) for the upcoming hockey season (2018/19) are required to complete the Coaches’ Application Form below. The LMHA Executive will review all applications and make offers for head coaching positions. Assistant coaches are chosen by the head coach, but they are still required to complete all required certifications as required by both BC Hockey and LMHA.
Please review the LMHA Coaches' Code of Conduct document.
What Coaching Certification do I require to Coach in LMHA?
LMHA must follow BC Hockey's certification requirements for each level of hockey. If you are uncertain as to what you require for the age level that you are interested in coaching, please visit here.
What if I don't have my Coaching Certification at the start of the season?
BC Hockey will begin running their coaching clinics again in the fall. If you apply to coach but do not have your coaching certification at the start of the season, that is ok. You can still begin coaching and register to take and complete your coaching clinic prior to December 1, 2018. LMHA will require confirmation of your registration at the start of the season. Visit here to register. If you do not complete the required courses prior to the deadline, you will be removed from the roster and your team will risk ineligibility for the remainder of the season.
Do I require any additional Certification to coach in LMHA?
As per BC Hockey, each and every team official, regardless of their level, is require to hold valid certifications as follows:
- Criminal Record Check (CRC). This is required every three years. There is no cost. To apply for your CRC, follow the instructions here.
- Respect in Sports (RIS). This is required every five years. It is an online course that LMHA will reimburse you for provided complete the course and you are rostered to a team. To register for RIS, visit here.
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT). Currently there is no expiry date on this course. It is available online and is free. To register for CATT, visit here.
All of these courses should be complete and current prior to the start of the season.
If you are uncertain as to which courses you have taken and/or their expiry dates, you can check on Hockey Canada's eHockey website here.
How do I apply to Coach in LMHA?
To apply to coach in LMHA, please click on the appropriate link below to submit your application.
What happens next?
- A1 Application submissions close APRIL 30, 2018
- A1 Interviews will be held MAY 1 - 15, 2018.
- A2 - A4 Application submissions close MAY 15, 2018.
- A2 - A4 Interviews will be held May 16 - 31, 2018.
- C & Initiation Application submission will stay open, as needed.
*This timeline is subject to change.
Jordan Emmerson, our Director of Coach and Player Development, will be in touch with you to discuss the next steps of the process and set up an interview time. Having all certifications in place PRIOR to the interview is recommended. Should you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to email him directly at email@example.com.
Thank you for your application!